Given all that’s going on in the world right now, the U.S. Census may seem like a relatively unimportant concern. But the hundreds of billions of dollars that will be apportioned based on this year’s census count will impact our classrooms, our public health facilities, our representation in government, and countless programs that directly impact the lives of all community members.
So today, on Census Day, please make sure to fill out your census (it only takes 5 minutes!) and please help spread the word.
- Complete your form now:www.my2020census.gov.
Rebecca Hersh, executive director of Main Street Highland Park, added these thoughts about the census:
“We urge all New Jerseyans to Complete the United States 2020 Census and be counted. We need ALL New Jerseyans to be counted!
– It’s quick and easy. The 2020 Census questionnaire takes about 10 minutes to complete.
– It’s safe, secure, and confidential. Your information and privacy are protected. Responses are ONLY used to create statistics about our country.
- There is NO citizenship question on the Census. Everyone is counted, regardless of citizenship.
- Your answers can NOT be shared with law enforcement or used against you in any way, and can not be used to impact your eligibility for government benefits.
– It’s important. Your response helps direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for schools, roads, and other public services.
– Results from the 2020 Census will be used to determine the number of seats each state has in Congress and your political representation at all levels of government.
And don’t forget to tell your friends. Our good friends at Carnegie Corporation have made it easy for you with the following resources, so please take action:
Every response matters. Millions went uncounted in the 2010 Census. Let’s do everything we can to ensure everyone participates.