The Highland Park Educational Foundation(HPEF) will hold its annual Casino Night fundraiser this month, one of two flagship fundraisers organized by the nonprofit to raise funds that support teacher-led initiatives in the district. Casino Night will take place Saturday, May 30, 2015, 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Center School, Madison Ave, Highland Park, NJ.
“For 20 years the Highland Park Educational Foundation has been a passionate supporter of teacher-led initiatives and projects in our district,” said Joshua Haimson, Board Chair, Highland Park Educational Foundation.
“The funds raised at Casino Night and at all of our events are used expressly to back innovative programs, projects, and activities not covered by the annual district budget. These are essential to the vitality of our schools,” Mr. Haimson said.
In the 2014-2015 school year, HPEF has supported many effective programs, including:
- The Touchstones Discussion Project for grades three, six and eight.
- An annual trip to Camp Bernie, an educational and fun-filled couple of days exploring nature, understanding our impact on the earth, and team building amongst the fifth graders.
- Diversity Day at the Highland Park Middle School; this year the event focused on respectful expression within a diverse world: identity, the arts and global responsibility.
- A visit by Wendy Mass, children and young adult author (The Candymakers, Pi in the Sky, 13 Gifts).
- Funding the transportation for the Highland Park High School Model UN club’s attendance at the Secondary Schools United Nations Conference in Montreal in fall 2015. Students will debate principles of global citizenship and can then serve as ambassadors for the district’s new Rutgers Global Citizenship initiative upon their return.
The HPEF has contracted with the New Jersey-based Tumbling Dice, one of the region’s premier casino entertainment businesses.
Cost of tickets includes gaming, dinner and drinks. To see ticket price options and to purchase tickets for Casino Night, visit www.hpefnj.org.