A steady cold rain all day failed to deter hearty Highland Parkers from coming out for the eleventh annual 5k race and Spring Street Fair. The runners, volunteers, festival-goers, and borough police, fire, rescue squad, and public works were all out all day, doing what Highland Park residents do best: celebrating the community and its support services and particularly supporting the health and well being of the downtown.
“It truly takes a village, and we are so thankful to all of you,” said Rebecca Hersh, executive director of Main Street Highland Park.
Our race proceeds go to the Highland Park Public Library, the Highland Park Rescue Squad, the Highland Park Police Department, the Highland Park Volunteer Fire Department, and the Highland Park Rescue Squad — so it’s truly a community love fest, even in the rain.
THANK YOU SPONSORS: A hearty thank you to the generous event sponsors, “all local businesses that deserve your support! We cannot have a thriving downtown unless we patronize our local businesses,” said Ms. Hersh.
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- Oxford Realty Group
- Kinetics Fitness
- Over the Moon Toys
- The Blue Horse Restaurant
- Strub Law LLC
- GEICO Insurance Agent- Edison
- Oral Surgery Group
- The Law Office Of Jay Weinberg
- Girls on the Run of Central NJ
- Borough Council President Phil George
- The Cook & The Carpenter Bakeshop
- Wayne’s Wash World III
- Kessler Rehabilitation Center
- Mordy’s Kosher Bake Shoppe
- Stop & Shop of Highland Park
- Running It Softly LLC
- Penstock Coffee Roasters
- Raritan Valley Road Runners – RVRR
- The Law Offices of Harold J. Gerr
- Bayleaf Grill
- Morgan Chen Realtor
- Hambro & Mitchell, Attorneys at Law
DONATE TO PANCAN FOR FRANCO: And finally, it’s not too late to donate to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, in memory of one of Highland Park’s devoted 5k runners and long-time wonderful Highland Parkers, Franco Juricic. Click here to donate in Franco’s memory.