Instead of throwing tomatoes, Main Street Highland Park is throwing a tomato party at the Highland Park Farmers Market on Friday July 29 from 11 a.m.- 7:30 p.m. with live music, food demos and samples, and special tomato-themed products from our farmers and artisans. And…there will be our first ever downtown beer garden from 4:00 – 7:30. (Social Affairs PN# 36939)
Some Market vendors will be staying late, until 7:30pm!
This will be a memorable mid-summer music and food celebration that will go past the official closing time of 7:30 p.m., because festivities will continue at Pino’s.
Here’s the full lineup for the day:
- 4:00 – 7:30
- Live music from the Vincent Troyani Trio
- Serving Original Sin gluten-free hard cider and Founder’s Mosaic Promise beer, from Pino’s Gift Basket Shoppe & Wine Cellar
Blood pressure and blood sugar screenings
- Peter’s University Hospital, our generous sponsor of the Highland Park Farmers Market, will be doing free blood pressure and blood sugar screenings from 11:00 – 2:00!
- Tomato Juice Springsteen, 11:30-2:30
- Vincent Troyani Trio, 4:30-7:30
Pokemon Go Meetup
- There will be a Pokemon Go meetup from 3:00 – 7:30, concurrent with the Tomato Festival and Beer Garden. Lure Modules will be active at the Mosaic Mural!
Food demos, recipes, tomato-themed fun, tomato samples, and more!
- Highland Park councilman and local renaissance man, Phil George, will be doing tomato-themed food demos
- El Sol Mexican restaurant
- Capsaicin Chilies
- The Frog & The Peach restaurant
- Fantastic Thai
- Hoboken Farms
- Global Grace Café
- Puppy Pies
- Over the Moon Toys
- Papa John’s Pizza of Highland Park
- Highland Spark
- Raritan Valley Beekeepers
- Skeba Farm
- Jeff’s Organic
- House of Treasures
- Von Thun’s
- Hoboken Farms
- R&K Farms
- Bang Cookies
- Lewis Natural Landscapes
- Big Spoon/Little Spoon
- Paolo’s Kitchen
- Warm Heart Worldwide
- Anastasia’s Jewelry
- Melick’s Farm
- Baker’s Bounty
- Patricia & Paul Olive Oil
- Gourmet Nuts & Dried Fruit
- Nice & Sharp knife sharpener
- Cherry Grove Farms
Music on the Corner & Return of the Killer Tomatoes
After the Tomato Festival & Night Market Beer Garden are over, stay downtown! Head to North 4th for Music on the Corner with Stephen Weinstein and Tommy Strazza, and stay at Pino’s for Return of the Killer Tomatoes: A Staged Radio Parody & Midnight Madness Bloody Mary Party!